Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Bumpy Ride.

Ever experienced turbulence on a plane?

Don't get me wrong. I love flying, and would grab the window seat at any chance I got.

Anyway, we were 15000 feet in the air, which I found to be a thrilling experience, being able to see the entire landscape below (yea, we're below the clouds!). The flight path was through plenty of farming areas, with amazing views of untouched jungles, patterns of winding though dirty rivers. It was fascinating, I wish I brought my camera along. The stiff neck was worth it. I was surprised to find out I was almost right, when we flew past a horseshoe-shaped bend in the river and I found myself thinking, 'hey, that looks familiar guess we'll be landing soon'. I REALLY love window seats.

She(the plane) was a beauty, and had plenty of character. The periodic roar(no, it wasn't THAT loud. It was definitely much much louder). Though, admittedly, the rattling of her entire structure was ... slightly disconcerting. I thought the plane had to be about 30yrs of age. After a little research(yay google!; and wikipedia) I found out that I was likely to be correct.



Here's some info from wikipedia;
The de Havilland Canada DHC-7, popularly known as the Dash 7, is a turboprop-powered regional airliner with STOLcapabilities. It first flew in 1975 and remained in production until 1988 when the parent company, de Havilland Canada, was purchased by Boeing and was later sold to Bombardier. Bombardier sold the aircraft design (type certificate) to Viking Air in 2006.


Oh by the way, the model is dash 7 series 110.
All in all, it was a somewhat pleasant flight, and most definitely, a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment